How to cope when you can’t sleep!!
What are sleep problems?
If you consistently struggle to sleep and it’s having an impact on your daily routine, then this is when it’s a problem.
Poor sleep hygiene and struggling with your mental health are closely related. Poor sleep will most likely have a negative impact of your mental health, suffering from a mental health condition may affect how you sleep.
Most people will fall into this cycle when you they are having sleep problems, it is then difficult to break this cycle. You may find the problem may lead to further issues, such as:
- Psychotic episodes
- Irrational thoughts
Top Tips to help you get a good night’s sleep!
- Establish a routine
- Relax before you go to bed
- Make sure where you sleep is comfortable
- Keep a sleep diary
- Try to resolve stresses and worries
- Give yourself some tech-free time
- Check for a physical cause
- Consider food, drink and exercise
- Consider your medication
- Ask about treatment options