The short course topics are offered at the OLC (EUROPE) Ltd, Libya Campus in Sabrattah near the Ghosay Clinic, in conjunction with Al Tawasel International Company.
The short courses are usually 12 weeks in duration. This can be altered for bespoke requirements.
Two levels are available for this ICDL course; Beginner and Advanced.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Employees working in Libyan industry, commerce and service companies will benefit the most from these courses.
BENEFITS OF THIS COURSE
This course improves delegates use of business computer software in the workplace as it follows the world wide recognised International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) program. It allows students to practice their business computer skills and get tuition and helped from an experienced ICT teacher.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a UK certificated award from OLC (Europe) Ltd.
Concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
• Understand how information networks are used within computing, and be aware of the different options to connect to the Internet.
• Understand what Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is and give examples of its practical applications in everyday life.
Using the Computer and Managing Files
• Operate effectively around the computer desktop and work effectively in a graphical user environment.
• Use utility software to compress and extract large files and use anti-virus software to protect against computer viruses.
• Work with documents and save them in different file formats.
• Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
• Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats.
• Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions. Use good practice in formula creation and recognize error values in formulas.
• Understand what a database is and how it is organized and operated.
• Sort and filter a table or form; create, modify and run queries to retrieve specific information from a database.
• Create routine reports and prepare outputs ready for distribution.
• Understand different presentation views and when to use them, choose different slide layouts and designs.
• Enter, edit and format text in presentations. Recognize good practise in applying unique titles to slides.
• Apply animation and transition effects to presentations and check and correct presentation content before finally printing and giving presentations.
Web Browsing and Communication
• Search for information and complete and submit web-based forms.
• Save web pages and download files from the web. Copy web content into a document.
• Be aware of ways to enhance productivity when working with e-mail software. Organize and manage e-mail.