Programme Manager (Healthcare)
Healthcare Practice For England HND
This course is ideal for individuals who are looking to further their career in Health & Social Care. Students will develop as professional and self-reflecting individuals, able to meet the demands of employers in the healthcare sector. This programme can also lead to progression in further education.
- Duration: 2 years full-time (4 days a week)
- Award to be received: BTEC Higher National Diploma
- Tuition Fee: £5,999 per year
- Mandatory Enhanced DBS Check: £60
- Annual £13 renewal charge for DBS update service
The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Healthcare Practice for England is a Level 4 and Level 5 qualification. This course is full-time with 4 days per week of study and also includes a requirement of completing 450 hours of work placement.
Completing the HND course will enable you to progress in a Health and Social Care setting. Students from the programme may pursue a variety of careers such as working in NHS Trusts, Mental Health Organisations, Social Care Agencies, Community Services and Offending teams and Drug and Alcohol Agencies.
- Law, Policy and Ethical Practice
- Demonstrating Professional Principles and Values
- Addressing Health Inequalities
- Effective Reporting and Record-keeping
- Evidence Based Practice (Pearson- set Project)
You must be over 18 years old and have one of the following:
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in Care/Health Studies.
- NVQ Level 3 in an appropriate vocational area.
- Level 3 qualification
- You will also need a Level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy.
- You will be required to obtain an Enhanced DBS Certificate.
Applications are also welcome from mature students who have two years’ experience at managerial or supervisory level within a healthcare setting.