Computing (Network Engineering) Higher National Diploma
HNC Duration: 1-year full time – 4 days a week
HND* Duration: 2-year full time – 4 days a week
*Subject to Validation
BTEC Higher National Certificate or Diploma
£6,125 Per Year
Upon completing the full-time HND, you can opt to ‘top-up’ to a BSc Honours Degree in a relevant computing field at university.
Alternatively, this is an industry recognised qualification to gain work in the computing and IT sector. Possible career pathways may include: Network Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Technician, Cloud Server Engineer.
Units are delivered using a range of assessments to develop your skills both academically and within the workplace. An example of the units you will study are
Year 1 – Level 4
- Professional Practice
- Database Design & Development
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (Pearson-set theme)
- Strategic Information Systems
- Website Design & Development
Year 2 – Level 5
- Computing Research Project (Pearson-set theme)
- Business Intelligence
- Transport Network Design
- Cloud Computing
- Network Security
- Information Systems Management
- Systems Integration
You will be taught by academics that have relevant industry experience and subject specialisms that will help support your learning journey.
You must be over 18 years old and have one of the following:
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in Business related studies.
- NVQ Level 3 in appropriate vocational area.
- Level 3 Qualification
- Maths and English or equivalent at Level 2.
Applications are also welcome from mature students with relevant work experience.
Programme Manager (Computing &